Cloud Protection +
Innovative Cyber Insurance Solution for Google Cloud Customers
Risk Management in the cloud means a whole new dimension of data privacy and security challenges including protecting resources, meeting regulatory requirements, and training staff. Organisations are encountering ever greater threats from cyber risks: Business interruption, more expensive and sensitive data breaches, higher numbers of malware incidents, as well as the prospect of privacy-driven fines or litigation around liability after a cyber event. The accelerated trend of cloud computing and sky-rocketing volume of cloud data increases these risks significantly.
Insurance has proven that it can be part of the solution; but the insurance industry must evolve through product development and partnerships to create a sustainable market3.
What are the key advantages of Cloud Protection +?
Do you want to learn more about Cloud Protection +?
How does our cyber cover protect your business?
Cloud Protection + shields businesses from the financial impact of business interruption caused by cyber-incidents in the insured organisation’s computer systems, Google Cloud services or critical IT systems of third-party IT providers.
With access to up to US$ 50mn primary capacity from two leading carriers, the insurance policy offers broad first party and liability or third-party coverage, more specifically:
First Party Coverages
- Business Interruption and Contingent Business Interruption
- Restoration and Bricking Costs
- Cyber Extortion
- Crisis Management Costs
- Cyber Deception
Third Party Coverages
- Privacy and Network Security
- Regulatory Fines and Penalties
- Payment Card Industry Liability
- Media Liability
First Party Google Coverages
- Business Interruption Loss with enhanced Period of Restoration (365 days)
- Contingent Business Interruption Loss with enhanced Period of Restoration (365 days)
- Trade Secret Loss
Third Party Google Coverages
- Assumed Liability Resulting from Google Services
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage Resulting from Google Services
It’s fast. It’s easy.
- Client choses his broker and downloads and shares the Risk Manager Report.
- The carrier provides the submission template, receives the Risk Manager Report and creates a tailored security questionnaire.
- Broker and client together fill in the submission template, the short security questionnaire and return these to the carrier.
- The carrier starts the risk assessment and provides a bindable quote.
- Broker and client, receive, review, accept and buy the quote - including enhanced coverage, competitive price and convenient services.
- The carrier sends the policy to the client.
- Companies familiar with the standard insurance procedure will experience a shortened and improved process; this depends on clients’ permission to use Google Cloud Risk Manager data and on well-established workflows with involved brokers. Underwriting, pricing and issuance of policies will be manual during the initial phase (Q1 2021).
- Cloud Protection + cyber insurance will be underwritten by a primary insurance carrier of Munich Re Group, which is an S&P AA- rated international insurance company, eligible to write surplus lines insurance in all US states and by AGCS. Additionally, brokers are part of the sales process in commercial business.
Get in touch